Is Uganda Airlines still flying next month?


By Michael Aboneka

SOURCE: Internet
Uganda purchased two Bombardiers which were received with a lot of excitement and a big ceremony, as usual we want to make big events even when necessary. The two Birds touched down in April 2019 and we were promised that they will take it to the skies soonest. They flew to South Africa for a tourism expo at a cost of course. I am not sure how many tickets the Airlines sold while in South Africa to justify their presence in the tourism expo. I have not seen any flier nor any communication of the offices of this Airline. I do not know where they operate from. I have checked the website and there isnt any information relevant as to routes, fares and flight schedule and yet the maiden flight will be end of August! I need to travel in August and I want to fly with our national Bird but i do not even know what routes will be operating next months. I dont know the schedule of the flights neither the fare! But we are still told that the birds will be in the air by end of August. But to where?

Why should the planes park for four months awaiting certifications? Why didnt the Government plan in advance? Why were we in a rush to buy the planes? Is there any untold story we dont know?
I have not seen any advertising for jobs of all kinds from the Airlines? Who will be the hostesses, Cargo manager among others? Who will be supplying Local food and local music to the Airlines?

If it is true that the birds will fly end of August, then the marketing should have been done starting last Year August! Who is marketing our Airlines? We are operating as if it is a mere taxi or bodaboda.

I hope someone can clarify on the issues raised above because I want to fly in August and I want to fly with our National Airline as Indicated by the Minister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we should worry about the growing inequality in Uganda

The US Africa-summit: What is in it for Uganda?

The Computer Misuse (Amendment) Bill 2022 cures no mischief