The Pains of being a Pastor's son

I used to marvel at Pastors and their families a decade ago. I loved the way the children were treated in church, given those very front seats in the houses of the almighty. The juices they kept sipping, and the pride they swallowed especially when their Dad ( the pastor) made reference to one of them) all left me begging down in my heart that one day I should be a pastor's kid too. This seems to be everybody's wish especially for those who at least go to churches that have a pastor. This kept as a prayer request on my heart for long because I only longed for the things that my eyes could see and my hands could touch. 

Whatever was behind the scenes, I had no idea. It is now a decade and believe me I managed to steal the match from the devil. I am a pastor's Kid now and I am reaping the fruits of  what I had longed for.

However believe me, there are things that  I was not seeing, and trust me, it is not the best story I can tell.

In a pastor's home, the only TV to be watched should be LTV and occasionally CNN Soaps like Hidden passion and other secular movies more forbidden than the forbidden fruit was in the garden of Eden.

For a pastor's daughter, you have to forget some fashions; pants are totally an abomination, miniskirts a little more than an abomination and secular music is simply a taboo...its really a fixing for a modern youth like I to adjust their life to such out dated models.
Then the rules set in many pastors' homes, they are simply an enigma but the question should be,Is it the rules that make a person righteous or the grace that comes with Jesus Christ?
Nonetheless, I have managed to cope up with the situation and am not complaining on my behalf but on the behalf of the aggrieved pastors' kids. To those wishing they were pastors kids, come for consultancy from me after all we have no choice but live alongside our parents' calling.

Michael Aboneka Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we should worry about the growing inequality in Uganda

The US Africa-summit: What is in it for Uganda?

The Computer Misuse (Amendment) Bill 2022 cures no mischief